What a challenging year 2020 has been.
Small businesses all around the world have been seriously affected by the ongoing pandemic.
As a result of more and more people shopping online, delivery companies are experiencing unprecedented amounts of parcels to deliver. With staff shortages due to virus outbreaks or employees self isolating, these organisations are facing almost impossible timescales.
In the current climate I’m not able to rely on a Next Day service to ensure your cakes arrive fresh. I’m also mindful that it may be irresponsible to put further pressure on the postal services with delivery of non-essential items. I am wary that I may not be able to return to business as usual until normal services have been resumed.
In an effort to adapt and adjust to our new reality I’m offering local delivery to areas within South London, Kent and Surrey. Each area has their own dedicated day of the week, please check below to see if your postcode is covered.
How it will work:
- Select your desired cakes using the online shop as usual, add to your basket.
- Minimum order value of £10.
- During checkout process please enter your postcode, if your area is covered you will be shown either ‘Monday/Wednesday/Friday local delivey’ as your shipping method.
- Orders must be received at least 24 hours in advance of your eligible delivery day, otherwise they will be carried over to the next week.
- Contact-free delivery – your order will placed on a box outside your door, we will wait for you to retrieve your order before removing the box and leaving.
- Please ensure someone will be available to accept your order during the day as I’m not able to give time slots.
- If noone will be available please advise of a Safe Place on the ‘notes’ section during the checkout process.
- I will be unable to provide any refunds for unsuccessful deliveries where the customer fails to accept the order or provide a Safe Place.
Things worth noting.
If you are close to these postcodes but not quite covered please feel free to get in contact as I may still be able to accomodate your order. A small added fee of 50p per extra mile may be required.
Unfortunately I am not able to offer or advise any timeslots for your orders.
If you would like your order delivered on a specific Monday, Wednesday or Friday of the month then please mention this in the ‘notes’ section during the checkout process.